Menopause can be a wonderful and liberating transition or it can be a miserable time of turbulence. Perhaps if you are here you are experiencing some of the following:
- Emotional ups and downs
- Hot sweats
- Loss of libedo
- Weight gain
- Feeling lost and aimless about your life
- Forgetting how to put yourself first
These middle years can feel strange; very often children have flown the nest, long relationships may feel rocky and we start questioning who the heck we are ...and then our body starts to do strange things.
Food can be wonderful 'medicine' at this time in our lives as we may start to have more time to nourish ourselves physically as well as mentally and spiritually.
For me this was the time I finally got a handle on my sugar addiction, was able to loose weight effortlessly and began to take pleasure in cooking delicious, nutritious meals for myself that I knew really nourished every part of me.
Nutritionally and naturopathically this is a time when we can really support ourselves by looking at:
- How we can support our hormones with food
- How we can lessen unwanted symptoms by taking certain food out of our diet and adding in others
- Using naturopathic techniques that help our body adapt more easily to these changes
- Discovering nutrient rich foods and meals that support you but also give you time to make the most of your freedom
Let's work together to make this the best, most liberating time of your life