In the day-to-day running of this website and my business we use 3rd party companies and platforms to host data and manage services. These companies include but are not limited to PAYPAL, INVANTO, ZOOM, MAILCHIMP, FACEBOOK and YOUTUBE. To the best of our knowledge, these companies do not sell or pass on any of your data that we store with them.
We absolutely do not sell or give away any of your data to 3rd party companies for the purpose of sales or marketing.
We do not collect any sensitive data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, genetic and biometric data.
Cookies are small text files placed on your device that remember your web preferences and some details of your visits to websites. They don’t collect personal information. They are there to enhance your online user experience by helping the website to respond to you as an individual user and to tailor how it works with your needs and preferences.
Google Analytics is set up on this website so that we can get a sense of how the website is being used and if it is effective. This can help us build a better website going forward that matches our user needs. Google Analytics only collects anonymous data about general location, browser and device type, page clicks and so on.
As Google Analytics works on the principles of cookies, if you switch yours off then your website user information cannot be collected.
By continuing to use our website you agree that we can save cookies on your device. If you don’t want this to happen, we can’t stop them being collected but there’s a clever way to switch off cookies at your end in your web browser (e.g. in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari). To find out how to do this you just need to search online for ‘Disable cookies’ along with the browser you use (or your device e.g. Samsung phone, iPad, Android tablet).
Our Mailing List
You will only be on my mailing list if you signed up via this website carolleenaturalhealth.com, or previously the ‘Natural Food School’ website, my Facebook page Carol Lee Natural Health or previously The Natural Food School, or in one of my Facebook groups; ‘Natural Food Chai and Chat’ or ‘My Sugar-free Journey’. You may have attended one of my face to face courses or workshops or have been a one-to-one client. This mailing list is managed by MAILCHIMP and there is an UNSUBSCRIBE option at the bottom of every single newsletter so you always have a choice as to whether you continue to receive newsletters from us.
One-to-one client Information.
To help me support my clients in the best way I can, I keep the following information:
- Contact information, your phone numbers, email address, address and next of kin.
- Session notes, including health questionnaires and personal details relevant to the discussions we have had in sessions.
- I may need to get in touch about booking and organising your sessions.
- It helps me to know who to contact in an emergency and flags up any medical conditions we need to be aware of you (to make sure you’re safe during sessions).
- My professional body (Federation of Nutritional Therapy Practitioners) and insurance company require that I keep records of our work together for legal purposes.
- It helps the continuity between sessions.
How do you keep your information safe?
Confidentiality is at the very heart of what I do and that sense of security and privacy I hope gives you the space to explore, transform and heal.
Therefore keeping your personal information safe is a priority. Here is a list of some of the things we do to keep data (electronic and on paper) secure, but feel free to get in touch if there’s something you want to know about that isn’t here on this list.
- Locked storage of all papers
- Anonymising notes, calendar entries as far as possible
- Keeping personal information and ’conversations’ offline as much as possible (out of emails, texts and Messenger), e.g. talking about these face-to-face in sessions instead or bringing your client questionnaire back to us on paper so you don’t have to email personal information
- Security and passwords on all our devices (phones, laptops)
Will you share my personal information?
I will never share your client information and session notes without your consent**
What if I want you to delete all my information from your records?
I would like to be able to comply with any request to delete all your individual session records, however this is out of our hands. For legal purposes, my insurance company has asked us to keep client records and notes for seven years after your final session with me. I will regularly check my records to make sure that any client information that has passed this ‘retention’ period is taken out of secure storage and safely destroyed.
As a client you have legal rights under G.D.P.R. about the way we use your data, the main rights are:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access to any data I am holding. You can ask us to send you a copy of the all personal data we hold about you (subject to some exceptions). You need to officially ask us in writing for this – the best way to do this is to email email@example.com
- The right to rectification.
- Please get in contact with me if you think we hold any incorrect details for you and we will check our records and amend as necessary.
- The right to erasure.
- You can ask to have your data deleted if we’ve done something unlawful with it (e.g. sold it on to someone else) or we no longer need it (e.g. you’ve asked to be taken off our mailing list or you’re no longer a client). Obviously, this is subject to the rules we have to follow about keeping notes and info for legal/insurance purposes.
You can find out more about all the rights you have on the Information Commissioner’s webpage about individual rights.
** Obviously, although we’d ideally not share your information with anyone at all, there are very rare occasions where we may have no choice e.g. if the law requires us to do so.