This is a delicious way to treat yourself or give as a gift. These are processed sugar free but do contain lots of dried fruit.
- 1 cup dried fruit (try 3/4 cup of dates1/4 cup of dried apricots)
- 1 cup nuts (I used half and half almonds and cashews)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup organic raw cacao powder, you could use good quality cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Soak the dried fruit for 15 minutes in warm water to soften. While waiting blend nuts on high speed until they reach a fine crumb/meal texture.
- Remove nuts from bowl and set aside. Blend dried fruit, cacao powder, coconut oil and seeds until it reaches a smooth texture.
- Add the ground nuts and blend together until combined. Once the mixture is completely combined, remove the mixture from the processor with a spoon and roll into small balls.
- Coat in shredded coconut or cacao/cocoa powder and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Leave them for at least a few hours so they reach a firmer texture.
These can also be stored in the freezer. Delicious!!
The great part about this recipe is you can play around with different mixes of fruit, nuts and seeds to create something super yummy, delicious and nutritious ♥♥♥ ENJOY!